Addie's Hope

Friday, January 18, 2008

Retail Hell

Just have to get it off my chest...I am tired of being a single mom. I am thankful that I do not have to work and proud of my husband for being such a hard worker. But at what costs? I have not seen my husband for more than 2 hours at a time for the last 2 weeks - the way it is going it will continue that way until mid Feb. He leaves for work before we wake up, comes home for dinner and a rest and returns to work after that. He is working overnights (last night 10 until 7:30 this morning) after working 4 am to 6pm yesterday. When he gets home I am so tired and worn from our family events and not feeling well, that I crash. How fun is that for him? I hate retail and I am praying that a great opportunity will come our way so that we can build our family up and get into a routine of being together and parenting together. I am sad for him. He eats (if that), sleeps, and works. No church, no football, no fun with the guys, no dates with his wife, no time or energy to do anything around the house....it just plain sucks!!! We rarely have a moment to talk or connect about anything anymore - I have a roommate. I want my hubby and a daddy for my girls. The retail world will never realize what their role is in this matter - I know Brent and I need to take responsibility and work on this - retail is not totally to blame - but we have to have a moment together for us to have a chance to work on it. I miss my hubby and friend. I want time to relax with him without him making a running list of what he needs to do at work or answering his phone (the one they do NOT pay for) but that he is on constantly. I havea real problem with a business that does not give their employees time to refresh themselves so they can do a good job at work. At this moment B is losing 2 weeks of vacation that he was not granted and at this moment we do not even know if he will get paid for these....it bites and I am hoping to be able to look at this with joy and thankfulness in my heart soon.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That just sucks! I will be praying that it gets better soon. Retail sucks the life out of its employees and their families.

Angie said...

Hey Katie! We've been praying for your family - I'm glad to hear that you are ALL feeling better. I'm completely out of the loop on Brent's job, but I hope it gets better very soon.