Addie's Hope

Monday, January 21, 2008

Getting out of a rut...

This weekend Brent had to go in to work on his day off and I thought for sure we were going to be stuck in the house again this weekend because of the yucky weather...but I was wrong! Brent went in Saturday morning to walk the store with E and then he was home at 11:00 and said, 'So what do you want to do?" Of course I did not have to think about it. I wanted to go see Modge and Podge and help them on the last day of Country Faire. It was great - we packed up quickly and got on the road. We took a detour in Bastrop and ate at this wonderful Southwestern Grill for lunch. It was great to be away from home and just us four for a moment. Then we got back on the road and surprised the fam by showing up at the store. My parents were very surprised and shocked that we came. It was great to see them finish up there last 11 year accomplishment with a bang. The store was wiped out and there were still people buying stuff - it amazes me! Then we got to see K and S. E was at a friend's ranch, but it was still relaxing to kick back with my sis. Later E got home and we all got to eat dinner together - all were wiped out and we didn't stay up to late. Sunday morning we got treated to P's supper breakfast and I got to chit chat with my mom for a while. It is always nice being home - very comforting - plus I needed mom and dad hugs this week! My in laws came down and met us for lunch at one of B's favorite restaurants- we got to celebrate Grandma's birthday a day early and we all revelled in how her birthday celebration was much better than Grandpa's - the first day we were in the hospital with A Bear in SA! After collecting all my goodies from the store that they had been stock piling for me, we headed home. I love my man for always driving and letting me spend time with my family. He knows how important it is to me and I hope that one day our girls will come home to us like this! It was also great to see B out of work mode - his phone did not ring and he was thinking about being with us - not all that had to be done at the store. We realized while talking on the drive home that yesterday was the FIRST day since Dec. 20th that B had not been in the store. Crazy, crazy, crazy!

1 comment:

The Leader Of This Crazy Clan said...

I'm so glad you got to go home for a good visit!! Hope B and you enjoyed some time away from "retail hell" You are all in my prayers for strength and healing.

Love ya'll