Addie's Hope

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bad Bad Blogger...

Well this time of year always seems to be a little overwhelming for me. I am not sure why I cannot deal with it better - maybe it is the time change, maybe it is the hustle and bustle of the season. This year I want to slow down and take a moment to really sit in the silence of the season and show God how thankful I am for His Son.

I am trying to create some meaningful traditions for our family that let us celebrate this season together as well as extending God's love to those around us. When I was little my parents had a Christmas countdown pocket hanging that they would put little ideas in for each of the days. I am following in their footsteps by doing the same thing for our girls. Modge gave me some advice when I was choosing the ideas - make some of the service oriented in order to be a model of God's love to others. I look forward to seeing how the girls do with giving this year. I bet they are going to be very happy to help others in a little way!

I made my countdown boxes in the fashion of Ali Edwards (http://www.aliedwards.typepad.com/) and then I created little cards that goes inside each of the boxes. Some of the ideas are:
donate food to the food bank
go out for breakfast with Daddy
go visit Santa's Wonderland
take cookies to the firemen
make Christmas cards for grandparents
etc.

I am excited to start this with the girls and I will let you know how it goes!

Trying to stay on top of the shopping, wrapping, and planning the weekend getaways to see all the family...but most importantly remembering the reason for the season - Christ's birth.

God bless you and Merry Christmas!

No comments: