Addie's Hope

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's 2008












This year we celebrated Valentine's Day a day late so the whole family could be together and be a little rested from the crazy week. I was told by B to have the girls and myself dressed for church and to pick him up from work at 4:30. He had made reservations some where for 5:00pm. So we did just that - the girls wanted to shower to get ready for their date with daddy and boy did they look pretty all dressed up with smiles from ear to ear. Little did we know, B had made reservations to take his girls to the local winery restaurant. He took us to the Village of Messina Hof. The girls were really excited about being at such a fancy restaurant and I was totally surprised! ( I thought it was brave of B to make reservations for our kids to come eat here!) They really surprised us though - they were well behaved, we had actual dinner table conversation, and two hours just for the four of us. It was fantastic. B and I sampled some wines and tried to get a 1997 port to bring home for later but the oldest one they had was 2001...another good year in our lives (the year MM was born!) We had the best pork chops I have had in a long time - they were cooked in a grape sauce....Yum! Yum! After the meal, we of course had a great dessert - strawberry flambay! They made it right in front of us and the girls really enjoyed watching the process. But the best part of the evening, for me at least, was when we all had to make a run for it to the car and the pouring rain - I do not think the four of us have laughed that hard together in a long time! We were soaked and giggling to no end by the time we got to the car. Thanks for making this Valentine's Day a memorable one B! I love you!